Who We Are
To be the leading provider of first aid and ambulance services in the Northern Territory.
- Make first aid part of every Territorian’s life.
- The first choice supplier of excellent first aid and ambulance services, training and products.
- An innovative and reliable provider of community care and youth development programs.
- An exemplary employer of volunteers and staff.
||acting honestly and reliably when delivering our services
||treat our people with respect at all times: ourselves, our colleagues, our members and all the people we support.
||highest quality service delivery, training, development and clinical standards.
||actions are undertaken with commitment, enthusiasm and loyalty protecting our people, our patients and the environment.
||caring about all members of the community.
People of St John NT
St John Ambulance Australia (NT) Inc is made up of dedicated people in all areas of the organisation.
This year St John NT employed:
- 66 Paramedics
- 10 Student Paramedics / 10 Graduate Paramedics
- 9 Patient Transport
- 24 Communications Staff
- 4 Contract Paramedics
- 11.5 qualified First Aid instructors
- 2 Paramedic Training College
- 51 Administration and Support staff
- 446 Volunteers
(Figures as at 30 June 2015)
Function of St John
St John delivers to all Territorians:
- A comprehensive emergency ambulance service, under contract with the Northern Territory Government;
- A non emergency ambulance patient transport service;
- A fully staffed 24 hour Communications Centre;
- A dedicated team of qualified first aid volunteer personnel to attend social, sporting, cultural and other well attended community events;
- A dedicated training arm specalising in public, community and industry-specific first aid training;
- Clinical Governance, Education and professional Development for our Ambulance staff;
- Youth support and training through a cadet movement;
- Contract paramedical services to assist and support the mining production and special project industries both on and off-shore;
- Corporate support to its operational arms and activities;
- A Sales department that supplies an extensive range of first aid kits, medical consumables and pre hospital medical equipment;
- A fully equipped workshop delivering custom vehicles, ambulance modifications and general servicing to members of the public; and
- A continually developing Community Education program, servicing schools (pre-school to university), vacation care, child care centres and other community groups, teaching the basics of First Aid; These services are provided free of charge.