Results about how satisfied Northern Territory patients are with the service they receive from St John NT’s ambulance service have been released.
Every year, St John NT participates in a national survey through the Council of Ambulance Authorities (CAA) to gauge its patients’ level of satisfaction with the service.
The 2020 survey revealed that 93 per cent of those surveyed in the Northern Territory indicated the care they received from paramedics was ‘very good’, the highest proportion out of all other services across other Australian states and territories.
NT respondents to the 2020 survey indicated:
• 97% were satisfied overall with the ambulance service, up 2% from 2019
• 92% found the assistance provided by the Emergency Medical Dispatcher (EMD) when they called Triple Zero (000) was helpful
• 97% regarded the provision of care they received as ‘good’
• 93% regarded the provision of care as ‘very good’ – the highest proportion out of any other Australian ambulance service of those surveyed
• 96% trusted and were confident in the level of care provided by paramedics and Patient Transport Officers
• 96% felt that the explanation they received from the paramedic they were treated by was clear
St John NT CEO, Judith Barker said it is important for the public to be confident that the level of care they receive is of a high standard and that Triple Zero (000) calls are being appropriately assessed in a timely way.
“The safety and wellbeing of our patients is our priority, and when Territorians call Triple Zero (000), they can be assured that their health and emergency needs will be well treated,” Ms Barker said.
“We know that our ambulance service plays a critical role in providing health care and emergency services to all Territorians, and it’s pleasing to see that patient satisfaction and experience remains high.”
Ms Barker said St Johns NT was committed to improving patient care and outcomes by driving improvements in quality and safety and improving patient feedback mechanisms.
The CAA survey provides valuable insight into areas of operation for St John NT that meet the expectations of patients and those areas that may require special attention and improvement.
It gives St John NT an indication of how well it is serving and caring for the community in the Northern Territory.
Dowload a copy of the report.