St John NT Official Media Releases, News, Events & Promotions
Regrettably, we wish to advise that St John NT has now cancelled all public training and ceased visiting schools for community education.
This decision has not been an easy one, but due to the restrictions imposed by the Federal Government regarding social distancing we are unable to continue with providing these service.
At this stage we are unable to advise as to when courses will resume.
We apologise for the inconvenience this may have caused some students, but trust that you can understand that the situation is changing daily and that we must do what is best for the whole community.
Current activities in response to COVID-19 include:
Access to our Ambulance Centres
• Public access has now been restricted at the Casuarina Centre and all of our ambulance centres throughout the Territory
• Bill payment and commercial operations have been moved from Casuarina to our retail store in Winnellie at 416 Stuart Highway
Public First Aid Training
• Public Training has been cancelled
• Online courses are available in Infection Control: https://www.stjohnnt.org.au/about/newsletters/mediarelease/covid-19-advice
• Fact Sheets on common emergency situations available at: https://stjohn.org.au/first-aid-facts
Cadets & Volunteers
• Cadets’ training and activities have been suspended, we are exploring options for online training.
• Adult volunteer face to face meetings will also be suspended from 30 March, when we transition to virtual training and meetings.
• Our Volunteer Office is working with division leaders to ensure that this transition is a smooth one as we do not want to lose one of our most important resources as we continue to navigate COVID-19.
Personal Protection Equipment - PPE
Members of the public have commented that they have seen an increased use of PPE by our paramedics. There is no need to be concerned, PPE is part of our normal infection control procedures and is for everyone’s safety.
Triple Zero (000)
Please remember to only call Triple Zero (000) in the case of an emergency. We understand that other hotlines may be congested with COVID-19 related enquiries but it is important that Triple Zero remains open to people requiring emergency assistance.
If you are concerned about or experiencing COVID-19 symptoms please call the national advice hotline on 1800 020 080, this service is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week or contact your General Practitioner.
• The St John NT Workshop remains open for business to the general public.
• For all bookings please call 08) 89224435
Thank you for your patience during these times of rapid change.
St John NT is working closely with the NT Government, emergency service organisations and national health and ambulance services to ensure that we have the best possible response planned to this disease.
We encourage the community to keep informed by following https://securent.nt.gov.au/
For further information on our services please call 08) 8922 6200 or visit www.stjohnnt.org.au