Who We Are
To be the leading provider of first aid and ambulance services in the Northern Territory.
- Make first aid part of every Territorian’s life.
- The first choice supplier of excellent first aid and ambulance services, training and products.
- An innovative and reliable provider of community care and youth development programs.
- An exemplary employer of volunteers and staff.
||acting honestly and reliably when delivering our services
||treat our people with respect at all times: ourselves, our colleagues, our members and all the people we support.
||highest quality service delivery, training, development and clinical standards.
||actions are undertaken with commitment, enthusiasm and loyalty protecting our people, our patients and the environment.
||caring about all members of the community.
Function of St John
St John delivers to all Territorians:
- A comprehensive emergency ambulance service, under contract with the Northern Territory Government;
- A non emergency ambulance patient transport service;
- A fully staffed 24 hour Communications Centre;
- A dedicated team of qualified first aid volunteer personnel to attend social, sporting, cultural and other well attended community events;
- A dedicated training arm specalising in public, community and industry-specific first aid training;
- Clinical Governance, Education and professional Development for our Ambulance staff;
- Youth support and training through a cadet movement;
- Contract paramedical services to assist and support the mining production and special project industries both on and off-shore;
- Corporate support to its operational arms and activities;
- A Sales department that supplies an extensive range of first aid kits, medical consumables and pre hospital medical equipment;
- A fully equipped workshop delivering custom vehicles, ambulance modifications and general servicing to members of the public; and
- A continually developing Community Education program, servicing schools (pre-school to university), vacation care, child care centres and other community groups, teaching the basics of First Aid; These services are provided free of charge.