St John Ambulance volunteers come from a variety of different backgrounds and professions yet are united in their aim to help the sick and the injured in the community. They aim to make a difference.
St John Volunteers are a not-for-profit self funded charitable organisation. We deliver services to the Community through income generated by our commercial operations, First Aid public education and training courses, the sale of first aid kits, supplies and medical products and a fully equipped mechanical workshop.
St John Volunteers Are:
- From a diverse range of backgrounds, united in their desire to assist the sick and injured;
- Members of a dynamic self funded organisation, who provide first aid services at public events;
- Helping the public with the advanced skills gained through their training with St John;
- Bringing a range of skills to our organisation, with many members being health care professionals;
- Actively involved in the Territory Disaster Plan, in conjunction with other emergency services.
Benefits of becoming a volunteer:
- Learn skills for life
- Gain the confidence to put these skills into action
- Participate in Nationally accredited training
- Make new friends!
We are a dynamic volunteer organisation actively promoting flexible volunteering. To become a valued member of our volunteer team all you need is commitment, compassion and a few hours a week. You will also need a current Provide First Aid certificate or be willing to obtain one. You will be required to provide a current Police check and Ochre card (working with children card).
In addition to our active volunteer first aid members, we also have a strong operational support team who perform roles such as logistics, administration, training or provide supervision within the Cadet Divisions.