St John Ambulance Australia Northern Territory
Your right to privacy as identified in the Privacy Act (1988) and all subsequent amendments is respected by St John Ambulance (NT).
St John NT collects and administers a range of personal information for the purposes of:
- Patient records;
- Personal information relating to a person’s business or professional capacity such as ABN/ACN, position, organisation, postal address, phone and fax numbers and email addresses;
- Transactional information such as credit card details or bank details in the event of a purchase of First Aid kits/equipment, First Aid training, Ambulance membership, and/or a service provided by the Vehicle Workshop;
- Personal information for human resources, finance and general entity administration purposes;
- Personal information for the purpose of organising, inviting and holding a conference, seminar or similar St John NT event.
The organisation is committed to protecting the privacy of personal information it collects, holds and administers. St John NT recognises the essential right of individuals to have their information administered in ways which they would reasonably expect – protected on one hand, and made accessible to them on the other. These privacy values are reflected in and supported by our core values and philosophies.
St John NT is bound by laws which impose specific obligations when it comes to handling information. The organisation has adopted the following principles contained as minimum standards in relation to handling personal information:
- Collect only information which the organisation requires;
- Ensure people giving out information are informed as to why we collect such information and how we administer it;
- Store personal information securely, protecting it from unauthorised access; • Allowing members of the public to have access to their information and right to seek correction;
- In the case where personal information is no longer required, reasonable steps must be taken to permanently de-identify or destroy the information kept. This includes electronically stored information.
Data security and retention:
- St John will safeguard the information we collect and store against misuse, loss, unauthorised access and modification;
- Records are to be destroyed in accordance with the organisation’s Records Management Policy.
If you require further information please contact the Human Resource Manager on
Last Reviewed 24th of June 2015.